Un article de Loria Wiki.
German-French cooperation in computer science
A framework agreement on German-French cooperation in computer science was signed on February 7, 2007 (see the announcement) at LORIA in Nancy. The German partners are public research institutes in the Saarbrücken / Kaiserslautern area, the French partners are universities and research institutes affiliated with laboratories in Lorraine. More in detail, the German partners are:
- the Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz,
- the Fraunhofer-Institut für Experimentelles Software-Engineering,
- the Max Planck Institut für Informatik,
- the Max Planck Institut für Software-Systeme,
- the Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, and
- the Universität des Saarlandes.
And on the French side:
- the Centre National de Recherche Scientifique,
- the Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique,
- the Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine,
- the Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1,
- the Université Nancy 2, and
- the Université Paul Verlaine de Metz.
This agreement aims to accompany and support cooperations between German and French scientists in the area of information and computation sciences and technologies. It will allow scientists of the respective institutes to pursue and intensify their cooperations by proposing joint research activities and by exchanging researchers and students. Moreover, it aims at promoting joint proposals for European research programs. The greater border region, including Luxemburg and the regions of Wallonia, the Saar, and Lorraine has the potential of becoming a region of excellence in computer science. The full text is available Image:INRIA-MPI-070124.pdf.
Specific work programs
Within the above framework agreement, institutions are encouraged to set up bilateral work programs for specific actions. A first such work program has been established between the Max-Planck institutes and INRIA: Image:INRIA-MPI-Appendix070124.pdf. Its objectives are to foster exchanges of young researchers and to encourage joint projects. Specifically,
- INRIA and MPI reserve two (one-year) post-doctoral positions each year for candidates proposed by the other institution,
- INRIA and MPI fund short-term visits of PhD students (1-6 months),
- participation of INRIA and MPI teams to specific research programs (associated teams, ARC, ...) are encouraged, and the creation of cross-border project teams can be envisaged.
The activities that fall within this work program are open to the local partners of INRIA and MPI at their respective sites.
A steering committee oversees the activities carried out within this agreement. Its members are:
- Andreas Dengel representing DFKI
- Francine Herrmann representing the University of Metz
- Stephan Merz representing INRIA
- Michel Renovell representing CNRS
- Dieter Rombach representing Fraunhofer IESE and the Technical University of Kaiserslautern
- Raimund Seidel representing the University of Saarbrücken
- Jeanine Souquières representing the Universities of Nancy
- Christoph Weidenbach representing the MPIs
--Merz 6 mar 2007 à 11:48 (CET)